OR RENEW YOUR GAYLAW Membership Online!
We've made it easier for you to become a GAYLAW member. Click here to JOIN. If you are already a member, please continued to support GAYLAW by renewing your membership. Click here to RENEW.
Membership in GAYLAW is open to lawyers, law students, and
other legal professionals without regard to age, race, religion,
sex, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, or transgender status. GAYLAW
members include legal professionals from large law firms,
solo and small practices, government agencies, non-profits,
academia, and the judiciary. GAYLAW does not sell its membership
list and will keep any member’s information confidential
Membership dues support all GAYLAW activities and are due upon
joining GAYLAW and at the beginning of every calendar year. Dues
vary according to annual income or student status. Please consider
joining as a “Sustaining
Member” and/or making an additional donation to support
GAYLAW’s programs and services. You may pay dues online or mail a check payable to GAYLAW
and this form to P.O. Box 34072, Washington, DC 20043.
|Annual income less than $50,000
|Annual Income between $50,000 and $100,000
|Annual Income more than $100,000
Sustaining members receive a one-year membership; one ticket
to the Holiday Gala; the option to be listed in the Holiday
Gala’s event program and promotional material; and
admission to the summer pool party.
If you are having difficulty renewing your membership and have ever been a member of the Attorney Referral service, you can renew your GAYLAW membership here. You can also contact email@example.com if you have any difficulty.
GAYLAW does not employ any staff and relies
solely on the generosity of its volunteer members to support
all its activities through one of its Committees. Members
are encouraged to E-mail one of the Board or Committee members
to learn about volunteer opportunities.
- Membership Committee. Includes recruiting and retaining members, as well as coordinating the annual Membership Appreciation Event, Attorney Referral Service, monthly socials, and networking events. Email
- Professional Events and Education Committee. Includes the Job Talk, seminars and CLEs, coordinating the D.C. Bar Candidates Forum, developing standards for review of the nominees and making recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding such nominees. Email
- Law Student Committee includes the Mentor/Mentee program, law student outreach and recruitment, and interaction witht the GAYLAW Education Fund. Email
- Community Support and Involvement Committee includes the Whitman-Walker Estate Planning Clinic, LGBT Pride events, and other community events in which GAYLAW is invited to participate. Email
- Annual Business Meeting and Awards Celebration Committee includes the planning and execution of GAYLAW's annual business meeting and awards celebration at which GAYLAW recognizes individuals and organizations that have contributed to the LGBT community. Email
- Communications Committee includes writing, editing, and publishing news releases, web content and other material, reviewing GAYLAW's use of media and social media and making suggestions to the Board of Directors about publicizing events and activities to members and the community. Email